Do’s & Don’ts
- To do good waxing hair needs to be 1/2 inches long.
- Do take an ibuprofen 30 minutes before your wax if you are sensitive or have a low pain tolerance. Especially when you are getting Brazilian done.
- Do avoid sex or friction for 24 hours after your appointment. If this is not an option, using a lubricant can help create a barrier and extra sensitivity is made more comfortable.
- Do schedule your appointments every 4-6 weeks. Hair grows in multiple cycles and staying in this time frame will give best results with less pain.
- Don’t apply any creams, lotions, etc to the area being waxed the day of your appointment.
- Don’t sunbathe or tan for 24 hours before or after your appointment.
- Don’t pick at ingrown hairs. The best solution is prevention. Use a buffing cloth or exfoliating glove in small circular motions while in the shower daily.
- If ingrown hairs are a problem, we suggest purchasing PFB which is a roll on salicylic based gel.
- Don’t shave between appointments. Shaving will mess up appointment timing allowing the root to grow strong and makes waxing more painful.